Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Rancher

This is a portrait of George Lipton and his very well behaved Dog (didn't get his name) in the small town of St. Johns, Arizona (population 3,538). We were picking up some food when I saw George's dog just sitting on the back of his pickup truck quietly waiting for his master to return. I took a picture. A second or two later George walked out of the "Family Dollar" store, cowboy hat, boots & knife at his side. I introduced myself, we spoke a short while about life in the small town, the dry weather and his Ranch. I have been pleasantly surprised by the welcoming and open nature of most of the people I have come across during our journey across the States contrary to what I was expecting. The road continues.

- George Lipton and His Dog, St. Johns, Arizona, 9th of July 2011.

The End.

1 comment:

Lira said...

Very nice photo. Well, this reminds me of cowboys hehe. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope to be a rancher one time.

Lira
My blog : ceinture abdominale électrostimulation