Saturday, August 7, 2010

Explosions In the Sky

So a little while ago I told you to keep an eye out for some postings featuring Photographs from my recent road trip to Alberta, well you might have to a wait a little longer.. I've decided to get my work scanned with Greg & Jon at Wetink Design, Pretoria, South Africa who have in the past handled my scan and especially my print work. So as I type these words theres a package en route to South Africa containing about fourty 35mm slides that will then be scanned, shipped back, spotted, colour balanced and then posted here. So for now you'll just have to sit back and enjoy some audio. This recording is from our final evening in Calgary where we went to watch the fireworks display of the Stampede Rodeo's closing cermony. We perched on top a valley across from the Stampede grounds and enjoyed the surprisingly short but still awesome light show.

- Calgary Stampede Fireworks #1, Alberta (03:01 min, Please use headphones where possible), 2010

- Calgary Stampede Fireworks #2, Alberta (02:34 min, Please use headphones where possible), 2010

 - Fingers Crossed.

Details: Recorded with a Marantz PMD661 + Rode NTG1 Shotgun Microphone.  

The End.

No comments: